Co-op Style Produce
Ready to join right away? Click here!
Need more info first? Keep reading…
Join Urban Acres and start receiving a share of the very best ALL ORGANIC produce supporting Texas family farmers! The produce is “co-op style,” meaning that it’s an ongoing subscription and you’ll pick up your share every two weeks at your chosen Urban Acres farm stand location.
By joining, you commit to a share of fruits & veggies that are chosen for you out of the bounty available at the time. All you have to do is come and pick up your share every other week at your chosen Urban Acres location – it’s that simple! No spending hours at the supermarket trying to decide which fruits and veggies to buy. We do our best to choose a variety of organic fruits & veggies, including as much local Texas produce and in-season items as we can! In addition, we offer other items that you can “add on” to your produce share, such as farm-fresh pastured Texas eggs and local Texas honey.
We also have a farm store in North Oak Cliff where you can use your membership to get a 5% discount off every purchase as well as other benefits throughout the year. Our store carries a variety of local artisan foods, from Texas milk and cheese, to locally-baked breads, to freshly-roasted coffee and so much more.
>> JOIN NOW!
How it works…
- We use the Farmigo website to process all member details and payments. Once you join through the Urban Acres Farmigo site, you will be able to manage your online Urban Acres produce account profile, have the ability to place your account temporarily on hold, change your pickup site or share, update your personal information, change your email address, and much more!
- You can choose to receive either a HALF share ($30 for roughly 15 lbs of produce) or FULL share ($50 for roughly 30 lbs of produce).
- At the time of signup, there is also a $50/year membership fee and a one-time $14 bin rental fee. This non-negotiable service fee allows us to purchase and maintain the bins we use to sort your produce shares each month. Bins belong to Urban Acres. Each week you will return a clean bin to us and pick up a fresh bin with new produce.
Upcoming Produce Days…
- Oak Cliff (B), Park Cities, Uptown, McKinney, Lakewood, Lake Highlands – Sat, October 27th
- Oak Cliff (C), Arlington, Ft. Worth (Friday) – Fri, November 2nd
- Oak Cliff (A), Addison, West Richardson, Southlake, Ft. Worth (Saturday) – Sat, November 3rd
- Oak Cliff (B), Park Cities, Uptown, McKinney, Lakewood, Lake Highlands – Sat, November 10th
- Oak Cliff (C), Arlington, Ft. Worth (Friday) – Fri, November 16th
- Oak Cliff (A), Addison, West Richardson, Southlake, Ft. Worth (Saturday) – Sat, November 17th
- Oak Cliff (B), Park Cities, Uptown, McKinney, Lakewood, Lake Highlands – Sat, November 24th
- Oak Cliff (C), Arlington, Ft. Worth (Friday) – Fri, November 30th
- Oak Cliff (A), Addison, West Richardson, Southlake, Ft. Worth (Saturday) – Sat, December 1st
- …and so on.
Go to the produce pickup calendar for a schedule of all upcoming pickup days.
See photos of our wonderful team of volunteers sorting the produce.
See video of what the produce sort looks like.
Stop by and see us…
If you’d like to see what the bins look like, as well as try some of our produce before joining, please stop by the Oak Cliff store on a Saturday morning when we always have produce bins ready. If you have any more questions, please email us at email@example.com and we’d be happy to help!
Food Allergy Statement
We welcome anyone to be a part of Urban Acres co-op style produce. However, due to the nature of our sorting process, at this time we are unable to accommodate special requests from those with specific food allergies. We cannot create special shares for those with food allergies, nor can we assure that an item you’re allergic to will not have touched another item in your share. If you have a food allergy, you are welcome to participate at your own discretion.