Don’t Waste Your Celery Tops!
May 18, 2012
You might find that local organic celery is thinner, more flavorful and fragrant than your typical grocery store celery. Like many other bitter greens, the celery leaves sweeten with cooking.
Here are some ideas…
- Homemade vegetable stock
- Potato, Garlic, and Celery Top Soup
- Romaine Salad with Celery Tops, Dates, Avocado, Cucumber, and Raw Almonds
- Rough chop and mix into salads
- Make Bloody Marys 🙂
- Chop and use as a pizza topping
- Chop and sauté with onion, then add rice and broth to make a rice pilaf
- Add to soups, stews, casseroles, etc.
What did YOU do with your celery tops?