Local in This Weekend’s Shares: Turnips, Mustard Greens, Radishes
Bring on cold weather veggies! Here are some of the featured LOCAL items planned* for this weekend’s co-op style produce shares…
*When working with fresh produce, availability can sometimes change last-minute. We do our best to let you know what’s coming ahead of time, but sometimes things do change, especially when working with local farmers. Thanks for your understanding!
- Purple Top Turnips. If you were ever traumatized as a child by being forced to “eat your turnips,” we urge you to give them another chance!
- Mustard Greens. No matter how much time you have (or don’t have), it’s easy to add some zesty mustard greens to the dinner table.
- Red Radishes. Want a classy and incredibly tasty way to enjoy those beautiful fresh radishes? (Warning, you might become addicted to this sandwich!) – see link below.
- Jenni Stolarski’s Turnips, Broccoli, and Sausage
- Purple Top Turnip Purée
- Roasted Potatoes and Turnips
- A Classy Way to Eat Radishes
- Mustard Greens vs. The Clock (3 recipes)
- Chili-Garlic Mustard Greens
Another great way to eat turnips? Steam them until tender and eat with butter and sea salt. Simple. Delicious.