Shelled Peas – More “Texas” Than The State Fair
Ahhhh. October is wonderful for so many reasons. Cooler weather, the Texas State Fair, the Texas Rangers in the playoffs….and fresh, organic Texas shelled peas! Nothing makes us happier during the fall harvest than getting fresh, organic creamy peas from our local farmers.
These purple hull peas from Morrison Organic Farm in Cleburne, TX are not your typical green peas that your parents force-fed you as a toddler. These peas beat up those sad, sorry little green peas in the frozen food section. These cousins to the black-eyed pea are creamy like buttah.
Try these recipes…
- A Passion for Purple Hull Peas from The Washington Post
- Fresh Southern-Style Purple Hull Peas
- Purple Hull Peas and Two Pasta Recipes
- Homecooked Purple Hull Peas
- Incredible Smashed Peas and Fava Beans on Toast from Jamie Oliver
- Pasta with Peas, Prosciutto and Parmesan