How Do I Cook Beets?
September 1, 2011
This is a question we get quite often! Don’t be afraid of beets – there are many simple ways to cook and enjoy this sweet vegetable. Don’t throw the greens away, either – you can eat them too!
- Roasted Beets and Sautéed Beet Greens
- Beet “Hummus”
- “Almost Mom’s” Beet Soup from Urban Acres member, Lygia Waters
- Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad
- Chocolate Beet Muffins
- Roasted Beet Dip
- Arugula Salad with Beets and Goat Cheese
- Balsamic Beet Salad
- Or, substitute beets for the turnips in this recipe and roast them with potatoes