Follow Friday, February 25, 2011
- Local and Organic Food and Farming: The Gold Standard – Chemical farmers say local is better than buying organic but we agree with OCA – raise your standards and buy local AND organic!
- You won’t find this in the news but it’s happening to the overly commercialized food supply around us.Kraft admits to using genetically modified bovine growth hormones in their products. How can you take action? Well, first, buying all your cheese from Urban Acres will help our amazing local artisans not to mention provide you with the healthiest cheeses. Second, tell Kraft what you think as well as Kellogg’s, who admitted to using genetically engineered ingredients as well.
- Sign up for a free Bonus Lesson on how to ferment anything from The Nourishing Cook’s website. They offer a great Fermentation eCourse.
Recipes We Found
- Roasted Beet and Fennel Salad from Flip Cookbook
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce from the Nourishing Gourmet
- Roasted Winter Squash from The Nourishing Cook
Who We’re Following
Here’s some people/businesses we follow on Twitter. Are you following us?
@OILANDCOTTON – a creative exchange, art school, and art supply in Oak Cliff
Follow Fridays is a weekly post listing the News Stories, Blogs, and More that we’ve been following that week.