Valentine’s Day Contest Winner – Raw Brownie Bites
Congratulations to Shannon Miles of Miles Holistic Health for winning our Valentine’s Day themed Recipe Contest! Shannon won $10 in store credit to our Farm Store in Oak Cliff and her recipe will compete against the other February winners for Recipe-of-the-Month (prize: $50 credit). Thank you to everyone that submitted their recipes. It was a tough choice but, don’t worry, your recipe will stay in our ongoing contest and could win on another week! Again, this is an ongoing contest so keep submitting recipes as we will be picking a winner every week! You can submit an appetizer, main dish or dessert so get started! Click here for contest details.
And, now, here’s Shannon’s winning recipe!
Raw Brownie Bites
- 1 cup Raw Almonds
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup + 2 TB Raw Local Honey like Texas Honeybee Guild
- 1/3 cup Hemp Seeds
- 2 tbsp Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract or the seeds scraped from one vanilla bean
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- optional – Raw Walnuts
- Place the almonds in your food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cacao powder & salt and process again.
- Pour in honey, hemp seeds, coconut oil, vanilla (and walnuts if you like a crunch) and process until all is combined and sticking together.
- Roll into 1.5″ balls with your hands. If desired, roll the finished bites in your favorite superfood powder or spice for a decorated look. (Or place in molds)
- Refrigerate or freeze for storage. Serve from the fridge with berries or fruit of choice.
Congratulations Shannon of Miles Holistic Health!