- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion, or shallot
- 1 teaspoon grated or chopped fresh garlic
- 1 to 1/2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup favorite light balsamic vinegar or 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup balsamic
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint or peppermint chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of fresh cracked black pepper
- With a tablespoon of the olive oil, saute the onion or shallot and garlic over med heat for a minute or two.
- Add blackberries and cook, stirring for a minute or two.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cook until reduced by half, about a minute
- Move it all to the blender, and add honey, mint and remainder of oil.
Process until smooth.
- Strain into a container, and add the salt and pepper to taste.
Cool before serving.
Fresh Salad ideas
- Use this weeks green leaf lettuce, or try some crispy romaine.
- Add some crushed almonds, crumbled farm fresh feta cheese, and some small pieces of green apple.
- Add some fresh chopped avocado.
Kick it up
For those who like it spicy, try adding a pinch of dried ground chipotle pepper powder to your dressing. Add just a bit, mix and taste first. Then add more if needed. It’s easy to add, but impossible to remove.