Sirloin Flap Steak
Sirloin Flap Steak is probably one of the best-kept secrets of any cut of beef. If you’re familiar with flank steak or skirt steak,
flap steak is very similar. It’s wonderful sliced as fajita meat or simply enjoyed like a steak at dinner. It’s not difficult to prepare but you have to do a couple things right. If you follow exactly what we tell you to do then prepare to enjoy one of our favorite cuts of Burgundy 100% grass fed beef.
Sirloin Flap Steak you can order from Urban Acres
- Remove your beef from the refrigerator and make sure it’s fully defrosted. Then “butterfly” it – think of your steak as a cake, and cut it in half horizontally.
- Season or marinate your steak. We love a simple rub: Sea Salt, Cracked Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder.
- Get your grill SCREAMING HOT. Turn it to full blast and let it heat up.
- While the grill heats up, let your steak come to room temperature. This typically takes 30-45 minutes. This is crucial so the steak cooks evenly.
- Throw the steak on the grill, and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium. Flip only once. And please don’t overcook this steak! It cooks super fast.
- Let it rest. Have a glass of iced Enfusia with an orange slice while you wait. Don’t cut into the steak for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the steak AGAINST the grain. Find the direction the lines are going on the steak, and cut thin strips against it.